Would you like to join the scouting adventure with 2nd Wimborne Scout Group?
All admissions to the group are managed by our Joining-in Secretary who liaises with the section leaders to investigate whether there are vacancies; if there is a place our Admissions Secretary will make you an offer to join the relevant section (Beavers, Cubs or Scouts). Unfortunately with scouting being such a popular activity with the young people we are not always able to offer a place in the group - if this is the case your name will be put on the joining-in list and we will offer you a place in the group when one becomes available.
2nd Wimborne are always looking for adult volunteers to assist in the group so that we can offer more places to our young people; vacancies are always available for uniformed or non-uniformed roles e.g. leaders, assistant leaders, section helpers, fund raisers, executive members or anyone who has an hour or two that they can volunteer and would like to help out
Joining the Group
In the first place, parents should complete the form in the joining-in page so that their child’s details can be added onto the Group’s Joining-in List.
When a place is available, the joining-in secretary will make arrangements for the child to go to their first meeting, where they can meet the leader and the other young people and see what a meeting is like.
When their child goes to their first meeting, the parents will receive a Parent Pack that provides lots of information about Scouting, the Group and the things that their child will be doing; This contains:
- FROM ABSEILING TO ZORBING - a No-Nonsense Parents’ Guide to Scouting
- Welcome to 2nd Wimborne Scout Group Information Sheet
- BEAVERS, CUBS, or SCOUTS Section Information Sheet
- YOUNG PERSON INFORMATION FORM - to collect contact details (if not already completed).
- CONSENT SHEET - which gives authority to keep records, reclaim GiftAid, etc.
- BANK STANDING ORDER FORM - to pay your childs’ subscriptions (we are currently investigating the merits of this)